Sunday, December 12, 2010

Follow up to my IE9 rant: It messed up my WordPress.com dashboard! Welcome back IE8!

<rant>

I "upgraded" to IE9 (Beta) the other day. Here is a link to my rant about how much I liked it:

December 10, 2010: I installed Internet Explorer 9 Beta yesterday and I do not like it

Well, it is all gone now!

I found out that it was messing up my WordPress.com dashboard. When I went to check my stats, I had the X axis and the Y axis, but there is a big white space where the graph should be. However, my stats page looked fine with Firefox and Chrome.

So, I made the executive decision to welcome IE8 back into my house. I can see my stats fine now!

Just in case any of you have IE9 and want to go back to IE8, you can’t “uninstall” it the usual way. (guess how I found out….) I had to look up how to do it.

To save you the Goggling, here’s how to remove IE9 (Beta) You have to uninstall an “Update” to Internet Explorer.

It will be a while before I try another Beta. I will try IE9 after it is finished cooking.

</rant>

X

No comments: