Sunday, December 05, 2010

We took my boy dog Belty out on an outing today - and it wasn’t the vet!

My good boy dog Belty has not felt good very often lately. He has had two strokes, he has kidney disease and he is 14 years old. Today, he just felt good for a change, so my hubby and I took him on an outing.

Belty Boo spending time with Mom (me)

We went to PetsMart and wandered around. He enjoys seeing other dogs and sniffing around places where they have been. Even when we have to take him to the vet, which is pretty often lately, he enjoys sniffing around.

Belty was having a really good time in the store and he was extra happy. So, next we decided to take him to a little lake. Belty and I walked all around it in the cold wind while my hubby sat in the truck and read…. Belty was having too much fun to care about it being cold.

Belty enjoyed seeing the ducks and geese. And, of course, he enjoyed sniffing all the trees and bushes.

Belty is in his “Lazy Dog” chair (my hubby’s lazy boy chair) and having a well deserved nap.

Good boy Belty!

X

The posts below show how bad this past year has been for Belty - We are very thankful every day that God has decided to let Belty keep living with us.

October 19, 2010 My good boy dog Belty seems to be recovering from his stroke!

October 17, 2010 My dog Belty had another stroke and I’m afraid we will lose him soon.

October 12, 2009 How do you explain to a good dog why you can't give him a doggie goodie any more?

November 18, 2009 Good news and bad news about my good boy dog Belty

October 3, 2009 My dog, Belty’s kidneys are shutting down and I am broken hearted

No comments: